Situated next to Carrefour Supermarket in Chachoengsao downtown, the Sand Castle Chachoengssao commemorates HM King Bhumibol’s 80th Birthday. This exhibition shows displays exquisite craftsmanship in the gigantic sand statues which were created by over professional 70 sculptors worldwide from the Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, the United States, Czechoslovakia and Thailand. More than 30 pieces are exhibited on 4.8 acres of land, making this the world’s largest indoor sand sculpture exhibition.
The exhibition is divided into 3 sections:
1. Sand sculptures concerning HM the King
Sculptures in this zone extol HM the King and his many good works and dedication to his country and people.
2. Sculptures depicting Thai history and literature
This is a very interesting exhibit in the dark, with stunning light and sound effects.
3. International Sand Sculptures
This zone is dedicated to sculptures drawing source material from worldwide sources, including the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, the Statue of Liberty, Brandenberg Gate, Van Gogh’s work, wind mills, etc.
- The Sand Castle Chachoengssao is open every day from 9.00-18.00 hrs.
- Admission is 80 Baht for adults and 40 Baht for children.
- For further information, call 0 3851 5120 - 1
- Where to stay in Chachoengsao?